2019 Agricultural Youth Scholarship Information – New York Farm Bureau
March 1, 2019 postmark deadline
- 2019 graduating High School Seniors who will continue their education to prepare for a career in some way connected to the diverse agricultural industry.
- Live or work on a farm or be involved with agriculture via any avenue.
- Family Farm Bureau membership or Student Farm Bureau membership is required & may accompany application.
Process and Procedure
- Applications & information available at www.nyfb.org or request by
- Students are required to complete an application which is a fillable pdf available on the NYFB website and submit a brief 300-500-word essay discussing an issue facing agriculture in their county, explaining how they think NYFB can support members who may deal with this issue.
- Completed application packets must be returned to New York Farm Bureau in Albany. A March 1, 2019 postmark deadline or via email.
- A District level competition will be held. Scoring will determine the County winners as well as the District winner. The judging event may necessitate a personal interview and essay presentation or may be based solely upon the application and attachments. The judging will take place prior to April 20, 2019. Each District Winner will receive $100 plus a memento of their selection.
State winner selection will be made from District Winners, based solely on the submitted applications; there will be no personal interviews.
A $1500, $1200, and $1000 Scholarship will be awarded
For More Information: www.nyfb.org 1-800-342-4143